TS School Academic Calendar 2023-2024 has been released by the Director of School Education, Telangana on its official website, https://scert.telangana.gov.in/.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023-24
The TS School Academic Calendar 2023 is specifically designed for schools in Telangana to streamline their academic operations. Its primary purpose is to ensure a smooth and well-coordinated learning experience for students.By providing a comprehensive overview of the academic year, the calendar enables schools to plan their curriculum, allocate resources, and schedule important events effectively.
TS Academic Calendar 2023-2024
|Name of the calendar||Telangana School Academic Calendar 2023-2024|
|Title||TS School Academic Calendar 2023 Download|
|Subject||Telangana School Academic Calendar 2023 Download|
|School Academic Calendar||Telangana School Academic Calendar 2023-2024 (New)|
|School Academic Calendar||Telangana School Academic Calendar 2022-2023|
TS Academic Calendar 2023-24 Details
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 is a schedule of important dates and deadlines for a school or educational institution. It typically includes dates for the start and end of the academic year, holidays and breaks, registration periods, and important deadlines for things like enrolling in classes, withdrawing from classes, and applying for financial aid.
The academic calendar is usually planned out in advance and made available to students, faculty, and staff. It is an important tool for helping everyone in the school community stay organized and keep track of important dates and deadlines.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 can vary from school to school, and may also differ depending on the level of education (e.g., elementary school, middle school, high school, college, etc.).
Some schools may follow a traditional semester-based system, with two semesters per academic year, while others may have a quarter-based system with three or four quarters per academic year.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 The academic calendar is an important resource for students, as it helps them plan their schedules and manage their time effectively. It is also an important tool for faculty and staff, as it helps them plan their workload and ensure that important tasks and deadlines are met.
Schedule of Activities 2023-2024
|Date of re-opening of schools||12-06-2023|
|Class 10 syllabus to be completed||10-01-2023|
|Classes 1 to 9 syllabus to be completed||29-02-2024|
|The last working day||23-04-2024|
|Yoga and meditation||5 minutes daily|
|Reading activity||30 minutes daily|
|Total number of working days||229|
|Summer vacation||24-04-2024 to 11-06-2024|
Syllabus distribution 2023-2024
- Syllabus distribution for this academic year, the syllabus for all subjects for class 10 shall be completed by 10.01.2024 and
- take revision classes and conduct pre-final exams before 28.02.2024.
- Syllabus for classes I to IX shall be completed by 28.02.2024.
- The revision and remedial teaching and preparation for SA 2 exam will be during the month of March 2024.
TS School Exam Schedule 2023-2024
|Assessment / Examinations||Date|
|Formative Assessment (FA 1 )||by 31-07-2023|
|Formative Assessment (FA 2 )||By 30-09-2023|
|Summative Assessment (SA1)||05-10-2023 to 11-10-2023|
|Formative Assessment 3 (FA 3)||by 14-12-2023|
|Formative Assessment 4 (FA 4)||by 29-01-2024 for 10th class and|
by 29-02-2024 for 1st class to 9th class
|Summative Assessment (SA2)||08-04-2024 to 18-04-2024|
|Pre Final Exams||Before 29-02-2024|
|SSC Board Examinations||In March 2024|
Short Term Holidays
|Dasara Holidays||13-10-2023 to 25-10-2023 (13 days)|
|Christmas Holidays for Missionary Schools||22-12-2023 to 26-12-2023 (5 days)|
|Sankranthi Holidays other than Missionary Schools||12-01-2024 to 17-01-2024 (6 days)|
|Summer Holidays||25-04-2023 to 11-06-2023|
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 School Timings:
- High Schools: 09.30 AM to 04.45 PM. In case of twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the High School timings will be 08.45 AM to 04.00 pm.
- Upper Primary Schools: 09.00 AM to 04.15 pm and in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad 08.45 AM to 04.00 pm.
- Primary Schools and Primary Section of Upper primary Schools (classes I to V): 09.00 AM to 04.00 PM and in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- The Primary Schools and Upper Primary Schools working in the High School campus shall follow the High School timings i.e., primary Schools from 09.30 AM to 04.15 PM with the 45 minutes lunch break and Upper primary Schools will be from 09.30 AM to 04.45 PM with 45 minutes lunch break.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 The national games start from October onwards and all games at the state level have to be completed before 1st October, so as to send the selected State Teams to the National games. Following is the schedule for games and sports competitions at various levels. TS Schools New Academic Calendar Programmes.
|Event / Levels of games||Complete all events on or before the tentative dates given below|
|School Level||1st and 2nd week of August|
|Mandal Level Tournaments (within Mandal)||3rd week of August|
|Inter Mandal tournament cum district team selections||3rd week of August|
|District sports zone tournament cum selections (newly formed district represents previous district sports zone)||2nd week of September|
|State-level inter-district sports zones tournaments cum selections. (ten district sports zones will participate for Telangana state team selections)||3rd week of September|
to be completed before Dassara Vacation
(Shall be conducted at Hyderabad in collaboration with SAT support prior planning and selection of stadiums
School Complex Meetings:
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 SMC MEETINGS: SMC meetings must be conducted during the first week of every month and minutes of the meetings must be recorded. The Headmaster must inform all the SMC Members and ensure their participation.
|Primary and Upper Primary / High Schools||No. of School Complex Meetings||Schedule|
|Primary School||6||1. July,|
|Upper Primary/High Schools||6||1. July,|
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 School Programmes
- Mass drill : Every Friday in the week
- Swachh School/ Haritha Haram : 4th Saturday in the month
- Bagless/ No Bag Day : 3rd Saturday in the month
- Bala Sabha : Conducted on No Bag Day
- Telangana Formation Day : 2nd June
- Sports Day : 29th August
- Teacher’s day : 5th September
- Telangana Bhasha Dinotsavam : 9th September
- Hindi Divas : 14th September
- Children’s Day : 14th November
- National Mathematics Day : 22nd December
- School Annual Day : December/ January
- National Girl Child Day : 24th January
- International Mother Language Day (‘Mathru Basha’ Dinotsavam) : 21st February
- National Science Day : 28th February
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 Communicative Skill in English: The Headmaster/ Principal shall allot One (1) period in a week for communicative skills in English for all classes (This may include News Paper Reading, Storytelling, Story book reading and drama / Skit etc. in English).
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 SMC Meeting: SMC meetings must be conducted during the first week of every month and minutes of the meetings must be recorded. The Headmaster must inform all the SMC Members and ensure their participation.
Implementation of Co-curricular activities/subjects:
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 Co-curricular subjects as a part of curriculum promote overall development of the children. The activities prescribed are creative in nature and value oriented and guide for development of proper citizenship. These activities shall be given due importance on par with the curricular subjects.
The Headmaster Shali plan and allocate co- curricular subjects to the teachers based on their workload in their respective schools and see that all the co-curricular activities are implemented, assessed and recorded in the Cumulative Records. The ‘Health & Physical Education shall be dealt by the PETS/ PDs.
Apart from the above, integration of co-curricular subjects like art and health activities may also be included so that the children do not feel tired and stressed. Mental maths games, word anthyakshari etc. and music and dance activities may be conducted in the classroom linking with subject areas which keeps the children happy and stress-free besides being healthy.
The above timetable shall be followed for the implementation of co- curricular subjects in all the schools. Assessment of co-curricular subjects: Assessment of students shall be done in formal and informal ways. (a) Informal Assessment: Observation of behavior, Habits, Interpersonal Relationship etc. with the help of Check List / Observation Schedule / Rating Scale. (b) Formal Assessment: Slip test
Transaction of co-curricular activities in the allotted period. Detailed activity schedule shall be prepared to supplement the value and life skill education module. Activities and assessment shall be conducted in the prescribed period as per schedule, suggestive items for assessment also shall be given.
Children Health Profile
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 All the schools must take necessary steps for regular health checkup of the students with the help of local Primary Health Centre and take referral cases to the nearby Area Hospitals. The Health Cards have already been printed under Cumulative Records which need to be filled up and maintained properly. The health checkup of every child twice in a year is a must. The Headmasters must ensure and implement in coordination with PHC.
Students Attendance and Active Learning
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 As per the RTE Act-2009 and the rules there under, class-wise and subject-wise learning outcomes are defined. In order to achieve the desired learning outcomes, regular attendance of the students is a prerequisite.
All the schools must take necessary action for attaining the target set by the Government in the academic year 2023-2024 to achieve more than 90% of students’ attendance at any given point of time in every school.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 Headmasters must involve the parents, SMCs, Mothers Committee, Self Help Group Members, local youth, NGOs to ensure that the students attend school regularly. The school authorities, other stakeholders and SMC Members should identify the children who are absent frequently to the school and make home visits and persuade their parents to send the children regularly to school.
Telangana School Academic Calendar 2023-24
The Telangana School Academic Calendar 2023 is designed to help students, parents, and educators stay organized and informed about the various events and holidays throughout the academic year.
It serves as a roadmap for the entire academic session, providing clarity on the duration of terms, exam schedules, and other important activities.
TS SCERT Academic Calendar 2023-24
The School Education department released the TS SCERT Academic Calendar for the year 2023-24. The schools reopening on June 12 will have a total of 229 working days with April 23, 2024 as the last working day. The ‘Badi Bata’ (admission drive) in government and local body schools will be conducted till June 9.
TS School Academic Calendar 2023 Month wise Activities in Schools
a. June month Activities
- Schools reopening: 12-06-2023 after summer vacation.
- Badi Bata Programme: 03.06.2023 to 09.06.2023.
- Class 1 – Implementation of Vidya Pravesh – School Preparation Module for 12 weeks (3 weeks in June + 4 weeks in July + 5 weeks in August).
- Classes 2 to 10 – School Readiness followed by Bridge Course: 12-06-2023 to 30-06-2023
b. July month Activities
- Class 1 – Continuation of School Preparation Module for 12 weeks: 01.07.2023 to 31.07.2023 (4 weeks)
- Classes 2 to 10 – Teaching of Current Syllabus.
- FA 1: By 31.07.2023 (39 working days: 12-06-2023 to 31-07-2023).
- Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and by Records Cumulative 31.07.2023.
c. August month Activities
- Class 1 – Continuation of School Preparation Module: 01.08.2023 to 31.08.2023 (5 weeks)
- Conduct of School level competitions – Games, sports, literary works etc., on the eve of 15th August.
d. September month Activities
- FA 2: 01-08-2023 to 30-09-2023 (47 working days)
- Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and by Records Cumulative 30.09.2023.
e. October month Activities
- SA 1: 05-10-2023 to 11-10-2023 (After 88 working days).
- Dasara vacation/ First Term Holidays: 13-10-2023 to 25-10-2023 (13 days)
- Answer scripts to children: 30-10-2023.
- Recording results: 31-10-2023.
- Parents meeting: 01-11-2023.
- Cumulative Records to children: 01-11-2023.
e. December month Activities
- FA3: 26-10-2023 to 14-10-2023 (30 working days).
- Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and Cumulative Records: 14-12-2023.
- Christmas vacation for Missionary Schools: 22.12.2023 to 26.12.2023 (5 days)
e. January month Activities
- FA 4 (class 1 to 9): 15.12.2023 to 29.01.2024 (30 working days).
- Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and Cumulative Records: 29-01-2024.
- Sankranthi vacation/ Second Term Holidays (other than Missionary’ Schools): 12.01.2024 to 17.01.2024 (6 days)
e. February month Activities
- FA 4 (classes 1 to 9): 15.12.2023 to 29.02.2024 for (56 working days).
- Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and Cumulative Records: 29.02.2024.
- Pre-final exams (class X): Before 29.02.2024.
- Exams should be conducted during the morning session and preparation for the next exam under the supervision of the subject teacher during the afternoon session.
e. March month Activities
- SSC exams during March, 2024.
- Revision and remedial teaching for classes I to IX and preparation for final exams SA2.
f. April month Activities
- SA 2 for classes I to IX: 08.04.2024 to 18.04.2024 (Working days till last working day 134)
- Answer scripts to children: 20.04.2024.
- Recording results in Cumulative Records: 22.04.2024.
- Declaration of results and parents meeting: 23.04.2024.
- Last working day for the academic year 2023-24: 23.04.2023 (229 working days).
- Summer vacation: 24.04.2024 to 11.06.2024
Month wise Number of Working Days
|Month||No. of Working Days|
|June 2023||16 (12-06-2023 to 30-06-2023)|
|July 2023||23 (01-07-2023 to 31-07-2023)|
|August 2023||25 (01-08-2023 to 31-08-2023)|
|September 2023||22 (01-09-2023 to 30-09-2023)|
|October 2023||14 (01-10-2023 to 31-10-2023)|
|November 2023||24 (01-11-2023 to 31-12-2023)|
|December 2023||23 (01-12-2023 to 31-12-2023)|
|January 2024||20 (01-01-2024 to 31-01-2024)|
|February 2024||22 (01-02-2024 to 29-02-2024)|
|March 2024||23 (01-03-2024 to 31-03-2024)|
|April 2024||15 (01-04-2024 to 23-04-2024)|
School Working Days
- Total number of working days: 229
- Physical mode from 12.06.2023 to 23.04.2024.
For more details please click here: https://telanganaschool.com/